We encourage members to volunteer to lead a committee for upcoming events. You can let us know at the monthly General Membership Meetings, by sending us an email to email@example.com, or send us a letter at Las Vegas Hawaiian Civic Club P.O. Box 97891 Las Vegas, NV 89193-7891
Other events which need Member support:
1. "Moana" movie in the Park Events at City of Henderson or City of Las Vegas & "Moana" movie showings at Elementary Schools to support pre-show talks, hula, and song demonstrations.
2. Interacting with High School and Elementary School Polynesian Clubs
3. Volunteer events when the Club has a booth and needs Member support to man the booths; additionally, volunteer for events supporting the community
4. Develop/plan fundraiser ideas and events
5. Help out at the Ho'olaule'a coming up in Fall 2019!
6. What are your ideas??
Upcoming Committees which need support and chairpersons:
I. Policy & Planning Committee
1. Consolidate and update the Policy & Procedures Manual
II. Membership Committee
1. Develop membership drive efforts to include development of an annual fundraiser event
2. Maintain current membership roster
3. Provide Membership Cards, Welcome and Renewal Letters to members
III. Scholarship Committee
1. Develop budget for scholarship awards
2. Manage existing scholarships for award; develop new scholarships for awarding
3. Develop presentation process
IV. Ho'olaule'a 2019 Committee - New meeting dates under development; email us
1. Help plan the 2019 event and identify key milestones
2. Identify event theme (Hawaiian and English)
3. Assist sub-committee leads (e.g., logistics, hospitality, beverage, Keiki Zone, vendor
coordinator, Na Mea Hawai'i, Vintage Store, advertisement, volunteer coordination, raffle,